Proposed Application for Bankfoot Pharmacy
NHS Tayside is currently in discussion with Dr John Brewster of Auchtergaven Apothecaries Ltd who wishes to open a new community pharmacy at the former surgery, McDonald’s Building, Main Street, Bankfoot, Perthshire, PH1 4AA.
The proposed pharmacy will offer the following services:
- Dispensing of NHS prescriptions
- Acute Medication Service
- Chronic Medication Service
- Minor Ailment Service
- Public Health Service (smoking cessation service and sexual health service)
- Unscheduled care
- Substance misuse – supervised self-administration of opiate substitution therapies
- Pharmacy First
- Gluten Free Foods
- Stoma care
- Disposal of patients’ unwanted medication
- Palliative Care network
- And any other service if determined by NHS Tayside as a requirement
Before Dr Brewster submits a formal application, a joint consultation exercise is being carried out to seek the views of people local to the proposed premises, or those who might use the proposed new pharmacy.
The consultation aims to measure opinion on current access and adequacy of provision of pharmaceutical services in the ‘neighbourhood’ where the premises are situated. The consultation is aimed at gauging the level of public support for this proposal.
Views are invited from those living in the area, or those who might use the proposed new pharmacy, and the survey can be accessed at